Rough Sleeper Navigator
SO1 - £29,766 - £30,708
Fixed Term/Secondment until March 2021
Get in at the start. Think big.
We have big plans to end rough sleeping. Are you up to the challenge?
We are looking for a caring, skilled and committed officer who want to make a difference. The skills we are looking for include:
- Able to build trust and provide person centred advocacy and support , enabling clients to navigate pathways and progress towards a life away from the streets.
- Able to successfully engage with people sleeping rough, from their first point of contact, encouraging long-term change.
- Experience of working with homeless people and an understanding of the needs of rough sleepers
- Resilience to work flexibly and creatively with individuals with complex needs.
- Knowledge of housing and support pathways for rough sleepers, and a creative, solution-focused approach.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Thursday 20th February 2020 at 23:59
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Malcolm Dabbs on 0750 693 3618 or Susan Sharry on 0208 379 3995 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Gina Mclean on 0208 0785 955 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.