Educational Psychologist 12 months fixed term Contract (2 Posts)
Soulbury scale: A pts 2-7 (plus up to 3 SPA points)
Salary: 41,161-50,482 (Inc. Outer London Allowance)
Up to 53,921 with existing SPA points 1&2
SPA points 1&2 already awarded will be continued
We are seeking to appoint two Educational Psychologists for these one-year posts as soon as possible. You will need to be a fully qualified Educational Psychologist who is HCPC registered or due to complete your training this academic year and therefore eligible to register. The posts will involve a range of EP work including preventative (e.g. early years), school based allocation, and post 16 opportunities.
Applications are welcome from both trainees due to qualify in September 2020 and experienced candidates.
Redbridge is an attractive service for the following reasons:
* It is situated in the north east of London offering the advantages of rapid transport links to Central London and easy access to the M11. The London Borough of Redbridge is currently undergoing a regeneration project which includes the development of Cross Rail links.
* The service has a long established and successful consultation framework which underpins its work with schools.
* EP's are allocated a small patch of schools with a generous time allocation. This allows them to work in a flexible and creative way across different levels of practice. Our schools are inclusive and are open to new ways of working in line with our evidence-based practice. Some examples of how EP's are currently working in the service include:
o Using a Lego based approach to facilitating social skills.
o Parent Groups using the Tree of Life Intervention
o Supervision groups to support the emotional development and skill building of staff
o The use of Video Interactive Guidance (VIG) and Video Enhanced Reflective Practice (VERP) with parents, teachers, and children
* Opportunities are available to all EP's for research, projects and therapeutic work
* There are a range of CPD opportunities including whole service VIG training, solution focused approaches to consultation, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
* There are strong links to the University of East London
* The Service is highly valued by schools and other agencies. EP's are seen as integral to supporting vulnerable children, multi-agency working, and school development while the Service has fulfilled a pivotal role in developing person-centred practice
* Successful applicants will benefit from the support of a friendly, supportive, well-established team who meet regularly to share practice and enable whole team development. Applicants will receive an induction programme tailored to their needs, supportive peer and individual supervision, and an annual service CPD programme.
* Educational Psychologists in Redbridge are based in a newly built Children's Resource Centre in a scenic location in the west of the borough close to the Central Line Tube
* EP's in Redbridge have the use of individual iPads with internet connection when out of the office
In addition to the above posts, we welcome applications from fully qualified EP's who would be interested in joining our associate team, either for occasional work or to fill longer term vacancies was they arise.
For an informal discussion please contact Karen Wilson, Principal Educational Psychologist, on 020 870 86024, Eunice Peter, Senior Educational Psychologist, on 020 8708 6027 or Kay Charalambous, Senior Educational Psychologist, on 020 870 7543
Interview date : 11th March 2020
Ambitious for Redbridge