Electoral Services Officer
Salary: Scale 6 £27,228.00 - £29,241.00
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Enfield Civic Centre
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person capable of dealing with a busy and varied workload. You must be able to work flexibly, as during election periods you will be expected to work additional hours including evenings and weekends.
You will be a confident proactive individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail. You must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to deliver high quality work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of using Electoral Services software such as Xpress or equivalent.
- knowledge and understanding would be desirable of the Electoral Services processes.
- Ability to be able to respond to pressure at peak times
You will also be involved in other aspects of our work including some outreach work to encourage elector registration and participation.
In addition to the salary above there are likely to be additional fee payments at election time.
It is an incredibly exciting time to be joining Electoral Services. We are a large borough with approximately 214,738 registered electors. We are moving towards developing innovative ways to modernise Electoral Registration and the delivery of Election Management. If you want to be part of a team which is focussed on providing excellent Customer Service as well as maintaining Electoral Integrity, you couldn’t be in a better place and we welcome your application.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a politically restricted post.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight Wednesday 22nd January 2020
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Lee-Marie Grant on 020 83793713 or Lee-Marie.Grant@enfield.gov.uk.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Adem Mehmet on 0208 132 1018. or Adem.firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.