Peabody has an exciting opportunity for Head Customer Engagement & Resident Involvement, based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £51,960 - £64,000 per annum.
As our Head Customer Engagement & Resident Involvement you will have an excellent understanding of the involvement framework, strategic experience and a strong understanding of the external operating environment within the housing sector, as well as experience delivering projects which include a wide range of stakeholders. You’ll understand the role of scrutiny, and how to engage and support residents to deliver positive challenge and meaningful change. You’ll combine this with the ability to engage with senior staff in a credible, persuasive and confident way, to ensure feedback from residents is used within the organisation to bring about change.
Responsibilities of our Head Customer Engagement & Resident Involvement include:
- Be responsible for Peabody’s achievement of its targets and objectives in relation to customer engagement and resident involvement, ensuring that the necessary strategies, policies and procedures are in place and are properly developed, implemented and controlled.
- Ensure the Peabody Group’s Customer Engagement / Resident Involvement Strategy is delivered and provide support to strategic resident groups.
- Provide briefings and reports (with recommendations) to Management Team, the Executive Committee and Board on activities and performance relating to customer engagement and resident involvement and contribute to corporate plans.
- Develop, set and deliver performance standards and targets to provide a consistently high level of service to the business and our customers.
- Work closely with all client departments to ensure that the Resident Involvement service meets their business needs and that information gathered through customer contact is used to shape services.
- Manage and develop both people and resources in order to ensure the effective delivery of business objectives.
- Establish, develop and lead on the Customer Engagement Steering Group to ensure organisational learning and continuous service improvement.
- Develop Peabody’s overall approach and methodology for evaluating the impact and value of engagement and involvement activities ensuring that continuous improvement and efficiency are promoted.
- Manage staff in accordance with Peabody’s policies and procedures, providing effective leadership and support.
- Ensure full compliance with all regulatory, statutory and internal requirements in order to minimise risk to the business and its’ stakeholders.
- Lead and promote a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Head Customer Engagement & Resident Involvement:
- Strategic experience and a comprehensive understanding of resident involvement and scrutiny, including the involvement framework
- Strategic experience and a comprehensive understanding of the external operating environment within the housing sector
- Excellent communication skills – able to build productive working relationships with customers, Board members, colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders.
- Experience of managing staff, providing coaching and support to achieve high performance
- Strong organisational and time management skills combined with ability to multi-task prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
Closing date: 22nd January 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Head Customer Engagement & Resident Involvement, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.