Early Years Lead Practitioner (0-2 years)
Bowlers Community Nursery, Islington, N8 9EG
£24,219 - £26,852
40 hours per week, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
At Bowlers Community Nursery we’re all about creating a happy and loving early-years environment with an emphasis on fun, learning and growth. We’re currently looking for a passionate, accomplished and empathetic Lead Practitioner to help ensure that our children continue to receive the highest standard of care and education.
Located in pleasant, leafy surrounds close to a nature reserve, Bowlers was recently ranked as Good by Ofsted, and we pride ourselves on doing things a little bit differently. Catering for 30 children aged between three-months and four-years, we believe in prioritising the personal, emotional and social development of our children and in learning through play, making the most of a modern, tailormade building and spacious garden area. Our status as a charity, operating with a Community Nursery model, means that we have a strong presence in the local community and collaborate closely with our parents and carers.
Our warm and wonderful staff are at the heart of everything we do and we give them all the support they need to succeed. Join the Bowlers family as a Nursery Practitioner and you’ll have ample opportunity to make your mark.
To succeed as Lead Practitioner at Bowlers you will need to be an extremely approachable and motivated individual with the ability to inspire staff and children, ensure compliance, and forge strong bonds with parents and the local community.
To be considered for this role you’ll need:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and the underpinning theories that support it.
- Minimum Level 3 in Early Years.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role or a role where you can demonstrate familiarity and competence with responsibilities of this role. To be able to act as a role model within every aspect of the team.
- To advise and guide on practice appropriate for the age and stage of development of children between birth and two.
- Develop and lead high quality practice and provision for 2yr olds to support all children to reach their full potential, particularly in the prime areas of learning and development.
In addition to these formal requirements, we are looking for someone who can display:
- A high degree of integrity and empathy when dealing with children.
- An excellent ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- A positive attitude, confident and approachable.
In return, you’ll benefit from a professional, supportive and sociable workplace where both our children and staff can truly shine. Other benefits include:
- 30 days Annual Leave
- 1 day off for your Birthday
- Long Service: 1 day every 2 years, capped at 6 years.
- Time off in lieu: Maximum 15 hours.
- Study: Potential 50/50 cost coverage of training.
- In service training
- Pay progression, Banding and Annual Reviews.
- Bonus Scheme, up to £500 a year.
- Staff Childcare Discount.
- Auto enrol work place pension.
- Free staff lunches/snacks/tea/coffee.
- Staff wellbeing – one half day every 2 month (pro rata)
Candidates will need to be able to work shifts on a rota basis determined by the needs of the nursery, which operates 8.15am – 5.45pm. Please see the attached job description and person specification for full details of the role and further requirements.
Bowlers Community Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) will be required for the successful applicant.
To apply please submit a summary of no more than 300 words supporting your application for this role to email@example.com
If you wish to discuss this role please contact Aoife Morgan (Manager) on 0207 2812832.
Closing date: 2nd February 2020
Interview date: 10th & 11th February 2020