Head of Geography MPS (Outer London) + TLR £4,654
Required: Easter or September 2020
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective, dynamic, forwarding thinking Head of Geography to lead and promote the Geography Department. The appointed applicant will help drive Geography on to greater success.
GCSE Geography is a popular option subject with our pupils. The Geography Department is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department, which is committed to raising standards. We also offer a range of extra-curricular activities to enrich the educational experience of our students. Our Humanities block has recently been rebuilt and furnished to a very high standard and provides an excellent learning environment.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to teach KS3 and 4 with a proven track record of examination success
- Be able to lead, manage and set priorities for the development of Geography at both key stages
- Set high standards within and beyond the department.
- Be fully responsible for the day to day running of their subject area, line management of staff and strategic long term planning to bring about continued success.
- Demonstrate a passion for the subject and the ability to engage students with a variety of teaching strategies
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Secondary school in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic pupils. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy.
If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney. Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 14th January 2020.