**PLUS MARKET SUPPLEMENT OF £5,500 PER ANNUM**
The London Borough of Croydon is a hugely ambitious council. We want the absolute best for our residents and businesses, and are fiercely proud of our brilliant places and people. Our Corporate Plan 2018-2022 sets out a radical new agenda for doing things differently, to create better outcomes for everyone in our borough.
As London’s growth borough, we’re also undergoing a massive £5.25bn regeneration programme that is transforming our town and district centres, and creating new offices, retail, homes and jobs for our rapidly growing population.
About the Croydon Digital Service
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining Croydon – especially to work on digital, data and technology services. Digital transformation is central to our ambitious plans and we are, in the words of our Chief Digital Officer, not messing around.
We have established the Croydon Digital Service within the council – transforming our ICT team into a GDS-style service that can support the digital transformation of the council, revolutionise our online services for residents, and lead cross-sectoral work to enhance the borough through digital and technical innovation.
We seek to collaborate, wherever possible, across London boroughs (led by City Hall) and all local authorities to share learnings, ideas and solutions.
We work in the open, inviting feedback and input from our stakeholders.
About the role
Responsibilities – (see JD for more detail):
- You will lead agile product and delivery teams across 3 programmes areas (corporate, place and people) in line with our digital strategy.
- You will have a pivotal role in mentoring and coaching these teams to adopt an agile and product-centred mind-set and become self-organising and continuously improve.
- You will provide strategic direction to teams on how they can deliver the best outcomes through matrix ways of working.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the success of both digital transformation and traditional ICT change projects in complex political environments and ensuring governance is in place to support effective delivery of products and services.
- You will directly line manage 3 agile delivery managers and 3 product managers leading the work of our multidisciplinary programme teams, plus a variable number of traditional (waterfall) project managers charged with managing outsourced ICT projects, embedded within the 3 programme teams.
Experience – (see JD for more detail):
- You will have proven experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in a large, complex organisation to iteratively design and deliver user-centred digital products and services.
- You will have an excellent track record of successfully delivering digital projects and products.
- In addition you will have extensive knowledge of coaching multiple teams in Scrum, Kanban and other agile practices, focussing on learning and continuous improvement. And you will have proven knowledge of writing a product vision/strategy, journey mapping, creating roadmaps and writing user stories.
- You will have a digital product or delivery background/aptitude and a proven track record of transforming ways of working in a technically diverse organisation including experience of developing and delivering guidance and training materials.
- You will also have exceptional verbal, active listening and written communication skills across a variety of audiences including developers, service/ content/ UX/UI designers, team leaders, senior managers and subject matter experts.
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a Council with ambitious plans to grow and genuinely want to develop their technology setup to improve customer experience.
We invest in our employees to help develop and achieve professional goals whilst also providing you with the opportunity to work with brilliant minds and be part of an exceptional high performing team. We also have a generous benefits package
Hours – full time, 36 per week
Closing date: Wednesday 1st January 2020 (11:59pm)
To view the role profile click here
Equal opportunities statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a Standard DBS check.