Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum.
The Development Manager role:
Peabody’s development team are at the beginning of the process for bringing forward an exciting placemaking led masterplan for a strategic mixed use development. The scheme will form a central part of our wider development strategy and become a truly distinctive, high quality new neighbourhood of over 3,000 homes, plus education and work space, in East London. Peabody have a genuine commitment and belief in our skills and capacity to deliver great places at scale.
Responsibilities of our Development Manager include:
- Ensure timely and accurate reports are produced on a regular basis that communicate the project status and raise awareness of issues/risks that require escalation.
- Ensure a comprehensive Project Brief is established/maintained and the scheme design is managed in accordance with this to a high quality.
- Ensure financial returns and viability are maximised. As part of this, ensure Project Appraisals and Budgets are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Ensure risk is fully assessed, and a full risk register can be passed to the Delivery team on handover. Focus on identification, mitigation and management of risk.
- Ensure relevant consultants are appointed and briefed to deliver schemes, and that their deliverables and fees are proactively tracked and managed.
- Ensure comprehensive records are kept to ensure there is an audit trail of the process and procedures are followed.
- Ensure consultation is carried out with internal clients, in accordance with our procedures.
- Work with the Design and Quality and Health and Safety teams to ensure compliance with CDM regulations and Peabody’s internal Health and Safety policies throughout the relevant stage of the Development process.
- Build a strong working relationship with Sales & Marketing and Design & Quality and keep them abreast of the project progress.
- Work with the Programme team and our partners to manage our legal, town planning and funding support.
- Develop good working relationships with joint venture or development partners that ensures our strategic relationships are productive and that future new business is secured.
- Work closely with Delivery colleagues to secure sufficient scheme cost and buildability certainty prior to planning being achieved, and to progress design to sufficient detail for tender purposes.
- Support the New Business team in identifying, and securing suitably land, partnership and S106 opportunities including contributing to preparing land offers, bids and actively taking ownership of relationships and area of interest for Peabody.
- Get involved in central Development & Sales business improvement workstreams looking at how we can improve our approach, processes and procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Development Manager:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience of presenting information to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of development management that includes directly establishing and managing Project Management processes across the project lifecycle
- Experience of communicating effectively with and managing multi-disciplinary teams in line with the brief is essential
- Experience of housing or mixed use development is essential and exposure to a variety of development structures is desirable but not essential
- Experience on complex masterplanning projects including driving placemaking principles is desirable
- Line management experience or ambition to line manage and develop junior members of staff is desirable but not essential
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, APM are desirable but not essential
Closing date: 23rd December 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Development Manager please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST