Contract type: Fixed Term
Start date: 6th January 2020
The governors of St. Luke’s seek to appoint a permanent Teaching Assistant.
‘The distinctiveness and effectiveness of St Luke’s as a Church of England school is outstanding because of:
- The involvement of the whole community in the life of the school particularly the ways in which parents are involved on a daily basis.
- The effective use of data to ensure high standards in religious education [RE.]
- The inspirational leadership at a variety of levels within the school that drive forward developments
- The deeply embedded core Christian values that influence the beliefs and behaviour of the pupils.
- The inspirational experiences that the pupils get through the curriculum and worship within the school.’ (SIAMS 2019)
The successful applicant should have:
- experience of dealing with children, either in a domestic or work environment
- the ability to supervise children calmly and appropriately
- understanding of basic issues of hygiene and child safety
- the ability to act quickly and responsibly in the event of accidents or untoward circumstances
- the ability to communicate effectively with children
We can offer you:
A friendly, supportive staff and governors.
An excellent teaching and learning environment.
Excellent CPD opportunities.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 19th December 2019
Interviews: Friday 20th December 2019
St. Luke’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS as well as qualification and reference checks.