Grade: L15 - L21a
Hours per week: 32.4
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: Autumn Term 2020
Closing date: 17 January (midnight)
Interview date: 5 & 6 February
Visits and application packs can be arranged by contacting Martine Rhodes on 01273 323184 or via email on email@example.com
Middle Street, Brighton, BN1 1AL
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspirational Headteacher to lead our much loved school in the heart of Brighton.
Situated right in the city centre, Middle Street is the oldest primary school in Brighton. Ours is a small school with a big presence and an outstanding reputation where children, parents and staff enjoy being part of the school community.
Our new Headteacher will be part of a hardworking team, who are proud of their school and truly believe in the potential of every child in their care. The school ethos is one of inclusion, respect and high aspirations for all. We are committed to ensuring our school community develops lifelong learners.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead by example with an open communication style that will challenge and motivate others.
- Have high aspirations for our pupils and the drive to ensure all our children achieve their best.
- Think creatively to anticipate and solve problems.
- Possess an enthusiasm for developing a well-connected and coherent curriculum.
- Be committed to the expectations of outstanding teaching and have the skills to support teachers in achieving this.
- Be able to think strategically about the school’s future and collaboratively create an inspiring vision which builds upon the school’s strong foundations.
- Have the highest personal and professional integrity and have the same expectations of your team.
What we can offer:
- A caring and inclusive school community built on supportive relationships.
- A hardworking and committed team, whose creativity drives new initiatives within the school.
- Polite, inquisitive and keen learners who are supported in their education by their families.
- A motivated and engaged Governing Body.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.