Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of Administrators whose role is to provide a skilled and flexible support service to a range of service areas across the Council.
We are currently looking for someone to join our front line team offering customer service to funeral directors and the bereaved. The role involves all administrative tasks including booking funerals and processing legal documents in relation to burials and cremations using relevant IT systems. The role also involves dealing directly with bereaved families to offer advice on suitable memorial products.
Breakspear Crematorium is situated on Breakspear Road and is set in over 26 acres of natural beauty and formal gardens.
About the person
We are looking for an organised, self-motivated and flexible candidate with excellent administrative and IT skills, including Word and Excel.
You should be able to work within a team and be able to communicate with bereaved families in a sympathetic and sensitive manner while remaining professional at all times.
By utilising your current skills and flexible attitude, you will be able to complete complex and routine tasks with minimal supervision.
You will have the ability to manage high volumes of work effectively and accurately, and to deal with routine matters on your own initiative within deadlines.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued