Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual for this role of Mobile Caretaker Driver
The role of Mobile caretaker Driver will involve being responsible for driving a cage vehicle on a daily basis (3.5t).
You will work from our Harlington Road Depot.
You will be responsible for undertaking daily vehicle checks and being responsible for your vehicle throughout the day. Whilst the main focus of the role will be removal of lumber etc, there will be an element of manual handling within this job role.
Working with a team, you will be expected to complete the daily sheduled workload whilst at the same time ensuring the safe manoeuvring of your vehicle and the safety of your team and other users of the Borough.
It will also be your responsibility to keep your vehicle clean and to report any defects promptly.
About the person
You must have a clean UK driving licence and manual lifting and handling knowledge would be an excellent fit for this position.
You will be working with a range of colleagues (of all levels), residents, service users. You will be responsible for your own health and safety at all times, and must ensure that safe working methods are maintained at all times. You will also be responsible for your vehicle and it is essential that thorough checks are completed, to ensure the cleanliness and safety of said vehicle.
Other important skills would include:
· time management
· customer care
You must be motivated to deliver results, and will be expected to take ownership of your personal development, as well as supporting the development of the service. We strive to ensure that we continuously improve our service, and we need you to support us in this.
We are looking for somebody who can work flexible hours, as the service demands. The work is busy and has lots of variety, with a range of challenges - but you will also be rewarded by supporting London Borough of Hillingdon in maintaining a clean, safe environment for our residents.
(Please note for this vacancy you will need a full, current UK. You will also need to be physically able to undertake a range of duties including lifting and moving heavy and/or bulky objects)
If this is the type of career path you have been searching for, and you believe you meet our criteria (as outlined in the Person Specification), we look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
- career breaks
- childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy