Grade: Scale 1/2
Hours per week: 27.5 (8.30am-2.00pm, Mon to Fri), Term Time
Paid weeks per year: 44.65 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: 6 January 2020
Fixed term: until July 2020 (with possibility of extension)
Closing date: 9 December (9am)
Interview date: 12 December Please ensure that you are available if shortlisted, for this day.
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Heath Hill Avenue, Brighton, BN2 4JP, email: email@example.com
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 681292
Bevendean Primary is a good school and is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Admin Assistant to undertake general administrative duties for the Headteacher, Senior Leaders, and School Business Manager and to contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school. The successful applicant will work alongside a supportive, dedicated and hard-working team of school staff. You will work alongside school professionals in a range of contexts to support outcomes for our pupils. The school has an outstanding Hearing Support Facility for deaf and hearing impaired children who come from across Brighton and Hove.
We are extremely fortunate to have expansive surroundings, great facilities and are well staffed and resourced. Bevendean is proud to have well behaved and happy children in a truly caring and supportive environment in which all succeed and thrive.
The successful applicants will:
- be able to undertake general reception duties as directed by the Headteacher to a high standard
- be able to undertake and assist with pupil first aid / welfare duties and liaise with the appropriate stakeholders
- assist with the preparation and implementation of school activities and manage school systems and processes
- be able to provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, typing, word-processing, maintain and manage computerised records and management information systems (SIMS)
- be able to undertake routine administration systems e.g. school registers, school meals etc.
- be competent in the use of technology, managing incoming and outgoing mail / email accordingly
- be competent in following established systems, arranging and managing school supplies, stock deliveries, liaise with relevant staff and stock suppliers
- be aware of and comply with related policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding and Child Protection, Health & Safety, confidentiality and Data Protection / G.D.P.R.
- appreciate and support the roles of other school professionals
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.