Rushey Green Primary School
Catford SE6 2LA
Headteacher: Mrs. L. Williams
Tel – 0208 698 5001
Rate of Pay: Scale PO3 Spine point 38-41 (term time + 4 weeks)
(£36,240 - £38,004 per annum) (subject to review)
We need an exceptional School Business Manager to join our thriving primary school in south-east London, to provide strategic leadership and management in partnership with our SLT.
Our new business manager will focus on finance, human resources, IT and administration at one of the biggest primary schools in Lewisham. We have 630 pupils aged between 3 and 11, who learn in a new, modern building in the heart of Catford. We are looking for a professional, who recognises the importance of learning and who will play a vital role in taking the school forward.
Experience of working in an education setting is desired, but not essential. You’ll be resilient, agile and a good communicator, with awareness of the challenges facing school budgets. You’ll understand efficient procurement and how to maximise return on income, to support Rushey Green deliver first-class education outcomes for all our young people.
Applicants will have:
- A strong financial/administrative/IT/HR management background, ideally within a school/educational setting
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organisation and problem solving skills, with an ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly
- Good working knowledge of MS Office package and ideally Scholarpack/RM finance system
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and packages
Other qualities you might like to consider
· is dedicated to providing a highly efficient support service
· is exceptionally organised and efficient, paying attention to detail
· has excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility in demanding situations
· has the ability to lead and manage a committed school administration team
is able to provide a friendly and warm welcome to our supportive parents, governors and the wider community
In return we can offer you:
- Working within a supportive leadership team - Highly skilled premise manager
- Commitment to Training and development
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by email, email@example.com or telephoning and speaking to the School Office Manager, Mrs Niome Pegus 020 8461 9054.
Application packs can be downloaded from https://rusheygreen.lewisham.sch.uk/job-vacancies
We follow strict and rigorous procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks will be carried out before appointment.
Closing Date and Shortlisting: Monday 25^th November at noon
Interviews: 29^th November 2019
Rushey Green Primary School
POST: School Business Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Headteacher
Brief Description of job:
The School Business Manager is accountable to the Headteacher as the principal professional of the school, with responsibility for the leadership and management of adminstrative, financial personnel and payroll services of the school.
Purpose of the job:
The School Business Manager will have a key strategic position within the school to:
- Ensure the provision of efficient and effective systems and procedures within the school, working in a confidential setting as part or work closely with the Leadership team.
- Support the Head managing her diary, the school diary and ensuring the premises is opened up to the community.
- Undertake the management of administrative staff.
In consultation with the Headteacher, manage the effective organisation of the administrative staff.
The School Business Manager will also be responsible for development of ICT, from an administrative level, in the school, working with consultants and teaching staff.
The role carries with it significant autonomy and therefore problem-solving and decision-taking are important qualities. Quality assurance and performance management is a central part of the job and includes responsibilities that impact on the establishment as a whole, in addition to ensuring the efficient running of the administrative and site services. The role requires solid administrative and managerial expertise and there will be a heavy reliance on excellent interpersonal skills.
This post requires a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Key Result Areas:
1. Managing Service Delivery:
1. To develop the financial, administrative and premises service as a whole. This will involve regular monitoring of existing systems, discussions with other staff and the design and implementation of processes to improve the service.
2. To research, design and implement new services to meet the changing needs of the school
3. To ensure that all paper-based and computerised information processes are set up and maintained to provide the most efficient and effective administrative and premises system possible with the resources available. This must include information relating to the referral, administration, progress and transfer of students, as well as a system for managing all personnel information and processes which enables the Leadership team and the personnel department to meet statutory, management and analytical requirements.
4. To prepare draft reports, which may be of a complex or highly confidential nature, for the Head, and to ensure that all reports, correspondence and routine information processed by the Admin office are produced to a high standard within agreed timescales.
5. To support plans with other members of the leadership team and drive their implementation. This could cover a range of contexts and involve obtaining and analysing information to support the decision making process. To ensure that, wherever appropriate, data is entered, stored and processed on computer based applications, in a way that enables information to be easily accessed and reported on.
6. To organise and support meetings and events. This involves ensuring that necessary arrangements are made for catering, room preparation, provision of equipment and materials and communication with delegates.
7. To implement and maintain quality control procedures across the establishment. A major feature of this role will be to ensure that detailed checks are set up in line with the standards set by external inspecting bodies. To establish systems for the regular review of quality issues and drive corrective action where non-compliance is identifie