Harrow is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified social worker with significant experience in mental health work to ensure that social work and social care are fully embedded with a high profile in the integrated metal health service in CNWL.
In addition, the post holder together with the Assistant Director of Adult Social Services will oversee the arrangements by which the Council authorises officers to act as Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHPs).
To be successful in this role you would need to have the following skills & experience:
- extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act – to a level that can advise staff/managers/other professionals across a range of organisations
- knowledge of relevant social care legislation e.g. the Care Act 2014, including duties for safeguarding adults
- knowledge of the key issues and current thinking in the delivery of mental health services including the role of social work and social care in integrated teams
- significant experience as a practicing AMHP
- significant experience of staff supervision and support including supervising AMHPs
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
We particularly welcome female applicants, individuals under 25 years of age, those from the BAME community, LGBT applicants and disabled applicants, as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.