Finsbury Park Community Hub is a vibrant community centre, providing an engaging programme of services and activities for Finsbury Park’s diverse, multicultural community.
The Hub plays host to a range of opportunities that improve outcomes for local residents, respond to local need, and help the council to deliver its Corporate Priorities and early intervention and prevention ambitions.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with demonstrated experience in community development work and experience of community centre management, to lead and manage the day-to-day operations of Finsbury Park Community Hub.
You will manage a team of two project officers and community volunteers to create a safe, welcoming and inviting atmosphere for local residents. You will have an ability to engage and involve local residents through asset-based approaches, enabling local residents to thrive, connect and give.
Your ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and proactively with different stakeholders, including voluntary and community organisations, statutory services and elected members, will see you curate a programme of opportunities and activities that improve the quality of life for local residents, and that strengthen the local community.
Your knowledge and experience of facility management and of embedding systems and processes for continuous improvement will ensure that Finsbury Park Community Hub is a safe, high quality community facility, that the local community is proud of.
Within the role, you will be expected to demonstrate the core requirements of all leadership posts with Homes and Communities, which are:
- Leadership by example, expert in your field and able to model the role of a trusted professional to residents, colleagues and partners.
- A clear drive and ambition to make a difference.
- Inspiring to our people, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Being proactive, positive and pragmatic in your behaviours and able to build quality relationships with others.
- Commitment to delivering services to the highest professional standards and ability to motivate others to do the same through strong collegial decision-making.
- Flexibility, openness to change and enthusiasm for developing an organisational culture that empowers, involves and drives excellence.
Closing date: Sunday 25th August 2019 at 23:59
Interview date: Monday 9th September 2019
If you have any questions about the role, please contact John Muir on john.muir @islington.gov.uk or 0207 527 3264.