Apprentice Administrative Assistant (Adult Safeguarding) Apprenticeship Pathway
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities and a competitive salary.
This Apprenticeship Pathway consists of an 18-month opportunity to build on your organisational and communication skills and apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a Business Administration qualification. There is 1 apprenticeship role available which is based within the Deprivations of Liberty (DoLS) team, within the Safeguarding Team. The Safeguarding Adults Unit support the work of the Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board, provide advice and guidance to staff and the public about Safeguarding Adults at Risk, raise awareness of what Safeguarding Adults at Risk means and provide support and advice on safeguarding policies and procedures. Providing administration support to the service, the apprentices will undertake a variety of duties including data input and customer care correspondence as well as take responsibility for an individual project. Working as part of a diverse, friendly and well respected team, your role will provide office based support to the service.
The Job - Working as an Apprentice Administrative Assistant (Adult Safeguarding) you will:
- Deliver a range of administrative functions such as scanning, filing and responding to requests for information via email, letter and telephone calls;
- Organise meetings for service managers and directors, taking notes and typing up minutes;
- Draft responses to complaints and freedom of information requests received;
- Be assigned project work to complete, under guidance you will manage your own project and develop solutions to implement in the workplace;
- Use a variety of computer systems including Office 365 and bespoke service systems to produce data to enhance the service;
- Maintain and update records and support teams with data entry and numerical data;
- As part of a paperless office, use digital technology to manage the administrative functions;
- Develop professional relationships with your own team and with others who we work alongside and provide services to;
- Build on your existing communication skills, gain invaluable experience and build your self-confidence through your day-to-day workplace activities.
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and completing tasks in the workplace.
- Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Business Administration Pathway is ideal for people with excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute ideas and support their team.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
- aged 16 or above and
- unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
- and an Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
- Not currently be qualified in Business Administration at level 3 or above.
Closing Date: Monday 26th August 2019 at 23:59
Assessment Day: Wednesday 11th September
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email iWork@islington.gov.uk