Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Trainee Anatomical Pathology Technologist - Fixed Term up to 2 yearsHillingdon Council has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join our dedicated and forward thinking Mortuary Team.
Uxbridge Public mortuary provides mortuary services to the London Boroughs of Hillingdon and Ealing, which includes four hospitals and Heathrow airport, under the jurisdiction of HM Coroner for West London. Conducting over 700 coronial and Home Office examinations a year, Uxbridge Public Mortuary prides itself on delivering a high quality service which ensures the dignity, respect and care for the deceased and bereaved.
About the person
The successful candidate will be required to study for a Level 3 Diploma in Anatomical Pathology Technology. Be a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and evidence their interest in studying in this area.
As a Trainee Anatomical Pathology Technologist you will be expected to be involved in a full range of Mortuary and Bereavement service roles and able to work as part of a team or alone.
The role is physically, emotionally and mentally demanding, it requires meticulous attention to detail and a positive attitude.
You will be required to participate in a duty rota, and able to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
This post is suitable for someone who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, a good team worker with excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills. The ability to prioritise tasks together with effective communication is essential.
For further information or to discuss the role please contact Cassie Lane, Mortuary Manager and Person Designate on 01895 277 422. We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued