Purpose of the Job
To provide a high quality, comprehensive access point for Children’s Services customers. Including receiving referrals for assessment and carrying out detailed research of information held within a multi agency setting.
Interview date: Monday 2nd September
For an informal discussion, please contact Justin Grantham - Service Manager on 01273 295587.
About the role
We now have an opportunity for a part-time, 20 hours per week, Referral Officer based in our Woodingdean offices. If you are looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic and supportive team within the Front Door for Families service, under Families, Children and Learning, and you have excellent business support skills, we would like to hear from you.
You will have a full induction to the work of our Front Door for Families team which includes multi-agency and multi-disciplined staff, who are our front-line service dealing with concerns that professionals and members of the public have about children in Brighton & Hove. You will have knowledge of the Brighton & Hove Children’s Services Threshold Document and have an ability to make initial judgements of contacts against this criterion.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service whilst still managing to meet statutory deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and you will provide customer-focused information to people who contact the team.
The post will involve some exposure to distressing information about young people and / or family circumstances.
Key skills you can offer:
- A flexible, adaptable approach to work with ability to multi task effectively according to business priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidence in decision making and working as part of a team with excellent communication skills
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service-based IT system
Our offer to Referral Officers:
- Career average pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- 1-2-1 support from your Practice Manager
- A program of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
- Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.