This is an exciting opportunity to join the Enfield Centre of Excellence driving forward outstanding practice lead supporting ambitious social workers and other staff to make their contact with every child count.
It’s time to take your next step and apply to be part of a Local Authority that is good in all service areas with an upward trajectory to outstanding.
With a highly diverse population of over 80,000 children and young people, Enfield is the place where social work thrives.
Enfield prides itself on having a supportive work culture and stable management team that gives social workers the autonomy they need to deliver a first-class service to vulnerable children and their families.
In addition to a competitive salary, our commitment to you is:
One month paid sabbatical
- Annual Social Work Conference and up to 10 study days
- Clear career progression pathways
- Flexible and agile work practices
- Up to 40 days leave including bank holidays, with the option to buy up to an additional 10 days of annual leave
Our practice is underpinned by professional standards and promises to our children and young people. Our chosen model across the safeguarding partnership is Signs of Safety.
What we’re looking for
An experienced senior manager (social worker registered with the HCPC) who can demonstrate through experience that they have made sustainable practice improvements and have the ambition to drive Enfield services to outstanding.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 29th August 2019
For an informal discussion contact Angela Bent Head of Practice Improvement on 0208 379 8135 or Anne Stoker Director of Children and Family Services on 0208 379 4075.
This is a full-time post. However offering the post on a job share basis may be considered.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 379 4298 or Elizabeth.email@example.com . A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.