We are recruiting to 6 permanent and 2 fixed term contract posts for Tower Hamlets Enforcement Officers (PO2) £35,638 -£38,403 + 23% Shift Allowance *(*Pay and Rewards are subject to a Council-wide review)
We will be holding an open evening for interested applicants and details can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Those applicants looking for job-share or part-time opportunities will be considered, subject to the needs of the service
From the City Fringe, through to the heart of the East End to the skyscrapers of Canary Wharf, Tower Hamlets is a uniquely vibrant, diverse and contrasting part of the capital – a melting pot of creativity, enterprise and cultural life that brings the best of London together in one place.
Tower Hamlets is a borough with rich diversity and cultural heritage. At the same time there are undeniable problems – linked in part to poverty and deprivation. Levels of ASB and violence are too high – with domestic abuse, drug related crime and serious youth violence a particular problem. Tackling crime and ASB is a top priority for the Council and our residents.
We are investing in community safety and developing new innovative approaches with partners and residents to maximise our collective partnership effort. We are ambitious for the Borough and our residents and we aim to deliver a first class community safety service. This role will be part of the developing Safer Neighbourhood Operations Service.The Role
· To be the visible uniformed presence of the council in the community in responding to local needs to make the borough a safer place to live, work and visit.
· To tackle drugs, Violence and Anti-Social Behaviour in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, using delegated powers conferred under the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS)
· Develop and maintain strong working partnerships with the Metropolitan Police, registered housing providers and others.
· Provide a responsive service, including an effective link to support services with all residents but also take enforcement action where proportionate and necessary.
· Provide and co-ordinate appropriate cross- agency/cross- border support and enforcement initiatives.
· Work creatively alongside Council partners, residents and other service users to establish service priorities and develop innovative solutions to tackle a wide range of community safety related issues.
You will be subject to satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service and Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) vetting carried out by the Metropolitan Police Service.
Additional Job Board Text
Benefits and AllowancesWe recognise the importance of rewarding our staff, developing them and providing a work life balance. As such we have a wide range of staff benefits and also offer flexible working. For more information click http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgnl/jobs_and_careers/working_for_tower_hamlets_coun/staff_benefits.aspx