We are currently recruiting a Neighbourhood Housing Officer to join our successful Neighbourhoods Housing Team and help deliver the best housing services in Tower Hamlets.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who is committed to the very highest standards of customer care to join our busy team as a Neighbourhood Housing Officer.
You will have responsibility for managing a Neighbourhood patch providing tenancy neutral Housing and Estate management services and will be expected to:
- Manage the patch to an exceptionally high standard engaging with and involving residents in the management of their Neighbourhood through regular estate inspections.
- To ensure the speedy lettings of property in line with Tower Hamlets Homes’ and national BVPI targets,
- Support and sustain tenancies to prevent homelessness through the provision of general tenancy support to residents to help sustain their tenancy.
- To undertake sensitively and effectively all aspects of tenancy management.
- To take action concerning breach of tenancy, removal of squatters, unauthorised occupants, authorising successions, assignments including attending Court to give evidence.
- Deal sympathetically and effectively with clients, often in stressful circumstances, by telephone, office interview, home visit and when representing the Council in court.
- Have sound judgement and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Meet various performance targets.
- Have experience in using Northgate (SX3) and Contact manager IT systems.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Tanvir Ahmad, Neighbourhood Team Leader on extension 3599.
Our offer to applicants:
In return for you choosing to work with us, we will offer you a range of great benefits, including:
- 26 days’ paid holiday each year, plus 8 bank holidays
- A fantastic career-average pension scheme;
- Salary Sacrifice schemes;
- Amazing commercial discounts, including discounts at many gyms, shops and restaurants;
- Your voice heard through our staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff;
- Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee and fruit, and shower facilities;
- Interest-free season ticket loans.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) candidates, as these groups are under-represented within THH. Requests for flexible working arrangements including job share can be considered subject to service requirements.
Under the Two Ticks guaranteed interview scheme Tower Hamlets Homes guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please complete an application form by clicking ‘Apply’ at the top of this page.
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th April 2019 at 5pm
Shortlisting will commence immediately after the closing date. The interviews are scheduled to be held on 26th April 2019. If you are not available on this date we may be able to reschedule, but please indicate any unavailability in your application