We are a six-form entry mixed secondary school in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, North East London. Our school and local community are diverse in every way. We aim to inspire and empower our students to strive for academic excellence, through excellent teaching standards and our commitment to inclusion and pastoral care. We believe, of all our school community, that with the right support and care, ‘Great Things Will Grow’.
Judged as a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted in June 2016, our most recent GCSE results saw our students achieve a 77% pass rate in English and Mathematics (including 57% at level 5+). This positions us as one of the highest achieving secondary schools in East London 2018, for the third year.
We want to appoint an inspirational Headteacher who will enhance the successes of the school and build on our ethos of Respect, Resilience and Responsibility. They will ensure we continue to be the first choice school in our area and nurturing our students to grow to be the best of themselves, on our shared road to ‘Outstanding’.
Leytonstone School is looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational Headteacher who:
- Has the character (passion, vision and dedication) to lead this diverse and lively inner-city school.
- Continuously drives academic excellence and improvement.
- Challenges and empowers students and staff to strive for excellence in all they do and builds on our ethos of respect, resilience and responsibility.
- Is aware of current best practice, whilst fostering innovation and collaboration in their strategic direction.
- Has experience of driving change through strong and proven strategic planning and monitoring.
- Has a clear understanding of safeguarding and understands the complexities of working with vulnerable young people and their families.
- Works ethically, with integrity and transparency.
- Exhibits clear and inspirational communication and motivational skills.
- Models and nurtures a culture of lifelong learning.
- Is committed to inspiring staff and students through proactive and effective leadership; demonstrating care and consistency in their leadership style.
- Will develop and sustain a positive image of the school in the wider community.
- Experience of working with a Governing Body and a commitment to working closely with the Governors at Leytonstone to develop collaboratively, a school vision, which embraces excellence, high standards, innovation and inclusion.
Leytonstone school offers:
- A diverse school community of children and staff who are eager to learn and improve.
- A motivated Governing Board, who are fully committed to equality of opportunity and ensuring a strong and successful future for the school and the wider school community
- An ethos that supports established best practice, but also encourages new ideas, innovation, pioneering and aspirational practice.
- Support for your professional development
- Excellent local and borough wide collaborative links
- Support from the local authority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For an information pack, or to arrange a visit, please contact Lisa Nathan: 020 8988 7420 or: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 12th April 12pm
Interviews: Tuesday 23rd April & Wednesday 24th April
Please email completed application to: SchoolsHR.Helpdesk@walthamforest.gov.uk
Leytonstone School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.