Management Grouping: Education to Employment
Team: Learning & Enterprise College Bexley
Location: Brampton Road, Bexleyheath
Salary: £24,999 to £27,342 per annum
Contract: permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 25th January 2019
Job reference: LEC0000037
This role will support the Service Manager, Partnerships and Recruitment in all aspects of marketing the college and in managing communications with both internal and external stakeholders by delivering the overall marketing strategy for the Learning & Enterprise College Bexley and by managing the colleges marketing and communications including the prospectus, website content, social media, course communications, individual projects and news and events.
We are therefore currently seeking a proactive and creative person with substantial proven experience along with energy and drive who will enjoy working as our Marketing Officer to carry out:
- Marketing Support for the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of the Marketing Strategy for the college
- Monitor, manage and oversee all social media and website activity for the college
- Develop the design and content strategy for the college website and work with colleagues to use Google Analytics to monitor the website and identify areas for improvement/development
- Oversee and assist in the production of on and off line communications including the prospectus, brochures, posters, adverts and banners
- Cover all events and activities to capture photos and video for use on social media, website and marketing material
- Gather and evaluate competitor information and activity and identify opportunities, threats and best practice
- Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to for all material produced within the marketing department and communicate and monitor brand usage across the college
What we’d like from you:
Educated to Degree Level standard or above, and/or an appropriate professional Marketing qualification, you will also have the:
- Confidence at decision making and as well as taking constructive direction when required.
- Ability to manage a small team
- Ability to confidently present and implement new concepts to senior management
- Understanding of how to interpret data and use to inform and improve marketing activity.
- Ability to balance a number of projects simultaneously and under pressure and prioritizing appropriately, meeting tight deadlines with enthusiasm and efficiency.
- The ability to identify problems and issues and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to keep up to date with current marketing trends and initiatives including search, social, event planning and design.
- Knowledge of printing processes and preparing artwork for printing to industry standard.
Appointment to this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
The Learning & Enterprise College Bexley is a vibrant adult education college responsible for delivering high quality outcomes for students, residents and employers, while contributing to the strategic objectives laid out in Bexley Council’s corporate priorities for adult learning, employment and wellbeing.
The college delivers a variety of courses in Skills for Life and Families, Supported Learning, Learning for Work and Health & Wellbeing and over the years has enrolled thousands of students. As part of an innovative restructure, we are organising our Marketing Team in order to ensure that it promotes and supports college activities.
For further information please contact Emma Sampson on 020 3045 3002 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date for your application: 25/01/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 31/01/2019
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English Language Requirement for Public Sector Workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with Bexley Careers on LinkedIn