Friday Hill Tenant Management Organisation (FHTMO) is a management agent working on behalf of the Housing Department within the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
Since November 1998 FHTMO provides the Housing Service to just under 800 tenanted properties and 150 leasehold properties.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Estate Service Officer / Chief Executive Officer* in the absence of Estate Services Officer.
- To carry out cleaning and caretaking duties as required and to ensure that the communal areas of the estate are clean, safe and in good repair.
- To carry out the Grounds Maintenance function to the areas that come under the responsibly of Friday Hill TMO.
- All duties to be undertaken to a high standard, ensuring the estate and grounds are maintained to professional standard.
- Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations and personal safety guidance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- CARETAKING AND CLEANING
- To be responsible for the appearance and cleanliness of the estate, including arranging the removal of bulk rubbish, objectionable matter etc.
- To sweep and mop floors to entrance halls, bin stores, hopper rooms, cleaning of doors to blocks, tank and lift motor rooms, roof areas and also light fittings.
- To clear and clean gullies to drains.
- To clear litter and other deposited refuse from grassed areas, shrub beds, safely accessible canopies and roof areas and all hard surface areas including path of the estate.
- To carry out the removal of graffiti.
- To monitor services on the estate as required.
- To check communal lights, alter time clocks as necessary and replace defective bulbs or tubes. To report any repairs to the Estate Services Officer or TMO office.
- To ensure that all communal passages and staircases are kept clear of obstruction and arrange for the removal of obstruction where necessary in order to ensure health, safety and cleanliness standards are maintained.
- To ensure that any controlled access systems are operating correctly and report any defects.
- To order supplies as necessary, including light bulbs for the estate.
- To safe guard all company property and supplies including equipment and company vehicles/machinery.
- GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
- Ensure all grounds are well maintained and clean
- Adhere to relevant Health & Safety regulations.
- To cut grass on a Rota system and as per seasonal requirements.
- Cut and prune hedges and shrubs
- Maintenance of flower beds including weeding and replanting to the required standard.
- To carry out weed spraying twice a year.
- Leaf and weed removal from paved areas and other hard surface areas.
- Innovative suggestions for improvements and enhancement for communal gardens.
- REPORTING AND RECORDS
- To report repairs, communal or those conveyed by residents, to the Estate Services Officer.
- Monitor the contractor response and performances on those repairs (taking personal ownership to ensure the reported repair is completed and to a high standard)
- Report drugs paraphernalia and dispose of any discarded sharps as per procedure.
- To inform the housing staff of any abandoned vehicles.
- To maintain any records as required (i.e. use of chemicals, light inspections, weed spraying, minor repairs)
- To report any unusual activity on the estate to the TMO Office so that they can take appropriate action or liaise with third parties to resolve.
- To report any abandoned properties, void security problems, car parking problems to the TMO office and to recommend possible solutions.
- To be familiar with, and keep records of the location of all supplies on the estates and turn off supplies in emergencies.
- INFORMATION TO RESIDENTS
- To deliver letters, notices and messages to estate residents.
- OTHER DUTIES
- At all times, present a positive and professional image of the TMO both internally and externally.
- To respond to emergencies and be willing to assist tenants, officers and emergency services in such circumstances, including acting to prevent damage and injury due to fire, electrical defects, escape of water or gas and flooding.
- To keep safe all tools, equipment and machinery, taking personal responsibility for company property.
- To wear the appropriate clothing when carrying out these duties.
- To maintain the van in good condition.
- To ensure the TMO’s equal opportunities policy is adhered to at all time.
- To ensure that the TMO’s health and safety policies are followed at all times, including COSHH.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as required.
Skills and experience required
- Experience of working in estate caretaking or a similar caretaking role in another capacity.
- Good Customer Care
- Ability to communicate with residents.
- Ability to be able to undertake a physically demanding job.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to report estate matters to other staff.
Interviews on the 7th & 8th February