Star Primary School
Star Lane, Canning Town, London, E16 4NH
Tel: 020 7476 5336
This is your opportunity to work at an innovative and inspiring school that values the role it plays in the holistic education of our pupils. We are currently seeking an experienced Graduate Teaching Assistant/Cover Supervisor who is passionate about teaching and is ready to move on to the next step. The successful applicant will play a key role in enhancing the learning and emotional development of our children. This could be supporting the whole class, small groups or one to one support with a child with specific needs.
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Cover Supervisor
Full-time 36 hours per year, 39 weeks per year
At Star we offer:
- Small class sizes in KS2 (no more than 23 pupils.)
- Excellent transport links (Star Lane DLR station and close to tube)
- Opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Established and committed support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- An employee assistance programme, SAS which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Brand new playground and excellent facilities that reflect our holistic ethos and school values
- Focus on developing the whole child through a happy centred school curriculum
What you will need to succeed:
- Dedication to ensure that all our children achieve their very best
- Passion for teaching and learning seen through excellent practise
- Positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- High expectations of yourself and the children
- Degree qualification
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please make an appointment to visit the school through the school office.
Application forms are available from the school website directly or email: email@example.com Accompanying statements should outline candidate’s curriculum passion and expertise.
Closing Date: 28/01/2019
Interviews to be held on w/b 04/02/2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.