Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing. Over the past 4 years, the Council successfully secured 3,300 affordable homes, including 400 new Council homes, against our Pledge to secure 3,000 affordable homes during 2014-18. The Council is extremely proud of this achievement.
Going forward over the next four years, we have an even more ambitious housing Pledge target to secure 5,000 new homes by 2022 for our residents.
- Assisting in the monitoring and coordinating of the Council’s 5000 Affordable Housing Programme.
- Providing efficient business support across the service, including secretariat services to the Affordable Housing Delivery Board.
- Assisting in the preparation of responses to Freedom of Information enquiries, Member enquiries and complaints, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Highly numerate with an eye for detail, competent to perform data analysis using a variety of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to collect and analyse data and critically reflect on work practices to improve services.
- Excellent communication, ICT and administrative skills.
Desirable for The Role
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects successfully.
- Knowledge of issues affecting housing and an understanding of how local authorities operate will be of benefit to the successful candidate.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Halima Khawaja (Housing Delivery Board & Monitoring Co-ordinator) via email: Halima.Khawaja@hounslow.gov.uk
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
To apply, please click on the link below
Closing Date: 8th February 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 18th February 2019