Branfil Primary School
Head Teacher: Mrs N Sansom
SEND Teaching Assistant 1:1 (contract linked to Specific child)
Hours: 25 hours, 5 days per week, 39 weeks per year (8.45 – 3.15 pm with unpaid 1-hour lunch break)
Grade: Grade 2 spinal points 11-15
Salary: £11,421 - £11,558
Start: As soon as possible
Required as soon as possible
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be prepared to work in a challenging but enjoyable work environment and will be joining a supportive team committed to inclusion.
You will work 1 to 1with a Reception child who has complex physical and behavioural needs. These needs may necessitate positive handling and intimate care, so you must be prepared for an element of physical contact with the child.
The child will need periods of sleep during the school day. The successful candidate will receive training in using and monitoring the sleep apnoea machine. This is a necessity when the child is sleeping.
You must have experience of working with children with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
- be a proactive, positive role model for pupils
- ideally have some experience of working one to one
- be committed, flexible and reliable
- work well in a team
- have a positive attitude
- be passionate about working with children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- show empathy
- work under the direction of the class teacher whilst also showing initiative, when required
- be knowledgeable about the 5P approach (advantageous).
Please contact the school for further information
Closing date: 23 January 2019
Interviews to be held : 30 January 2019