An exciting opportunity has arisen within oneSource for a Receivables Officer to work within a busy and dynamic Receivables Team within Exchequer and Transactional Services, based in Havering.
This role is within Transactional Services which is responsible for: Payments, Receivables and Reconciliations administration.
Exchequer and Transactional Services is responsible for:
- Accounts Receivables (Debtors/Income), across the three Councils, Schools, Academies and other external customers and suppliers.
- The collection and enforcement of Council Tax and NNDR, the subsidy and administration of the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Scheme and Corporate Debt Recovery Board;
- Provision of Payroll, Human Resources, Pensions Administration, Procurement and supplier management, Creditors/Payments.
Transactional Services delivers support services through the One Oracle ERP system.
Grade 4- £22,425 - £24,999 pa.
The oneSource Accounts Receivables Team are responsible for issuing and collecting over 105,350 invoices per year for 3 Councils.
The post will be based at Havering, Central Library in Romford with some travel to other oneSource offices as required.
You will be expected to deliver day to day processes for the collection of debt as part of the Receivables team.
As a Receivables Officer you will be responsible for the raising and recovery of debts, including via the County Court, referring to Bailiffs and Debt Collection Agents, entering and reconciliation of data, and to provide high quality and consistent advice and support to customers.
- Assess and calculate a part billing period due from information supplied and deal with queries in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Tele-chasing customers with outstanding invoices, to collect debt due.
- Trace debtors to establish their current address and obtain payment.
- Negotiate payment arrangements and obtain payments of debts within agreed timescales.
- Work as part of a team to achieve or exceed targets for reducing debt owed to the council.
- Administer the debt accounts accurately, following existing council procedures and policies.
- Update system records ensuring data is accurate and factual.
- Recovery of outstanding debts via the courts.
Deliver a high quality, consistent and professional service that meets strategic objectives, service level agreements (SLA), legislation, policies and procedures, being efficient and effective, whilst meeting agree timeframes, standards and targets.
Provide service delivery, advice and support in a cost effective, efficient and solutions-focussed way that ensures customer satisfaction and positively impacts customer efficiency and confidence.
Provide routine advice and deal with routine queries and process resolution in accordance with statutory legislation, and operational procedures.
Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant statutory and regulatory
We are looking to recruit an exceptional person with at least 2 years’ experience of debt collection, within a large organisation. Ideally with GCSE English and Maths. We are looking for the following attributes:
- At least 2 years’ experience of debt collection/credit control within a large organisation.
- Experience of recovering debts via the County Court.
- A professional approach to debt collection which is very much customer focused.
- Confident and resilient.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Capable of thinking laterally and proactively.
- Persuasive, persistent and self-motivated.
- Good communicator whose negotiation and persuasion skills gain customer commitment.
- Hard working and a good team player.
- Professional with excellent customer care skills.
- Able to handle each call in the correct manner and have the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to learn quickly and to work to deadlines.
- You will need to be able to cope with a variable workload and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note the CV's will not be accepted
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770.
You will need to outline how you meet the person specification and what you can bring to the job.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact email@example.com ,
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 18th January 2019 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
Good luck with your application.
Previous applicants need not apply.