Scargill Junior School
Mungo Park Road, Rainham, Essex, RM13 7PL
Telephone: 01708 555677
Acting Head of School: Mrs Graham
Hours: 7.5 hours per week (11:45am to 1:15pm Monday to Friday) x 38 weeks per year
Grade: APTC Scale 2, Points 11 – 13
Salary: Actual pro rata salary £3,426 - £3,433 p.a.
Required: As soon as possible
A Midday Supervisor is one of a team of school staff who are responsible for pupil supervision during the midday break. The post holder will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by a Senior Midday Supervisor and be managed by the Headteacher.
During the midday break the Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime
- supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat
- promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships
- health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training)
- manage pupil discipline and behaviour management.
Ofsted judged our school to be GOOD
'Pupils’ behaviour is good and they have positive attitudes to learning. They say they feel safe in school'. (Ofsted June 2015)
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Midday Supervisor, with outstanding skills, to join our dedicated staff and work with us to develop every child’s potential.
We can offer:
- a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- continuing professional development as a high priority
- supportive staff
- supportive parents and governors who contribute to establishing a positive and happy learning environment
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school for an appointment.
Please apply online.
Closing date: Before Midday on Wednesday 16th January 2019
Interview date: Monday 21st January 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Criminal Disclosure.