Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is undertaking a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We are moving to a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
LB Hounslow ICT are looking for an experienced Programme Office Professional with experience of managing staff, using project management methodologies and implementing complex technical and application-based projects.
You will be responsible for running the ICT Project Management Office and for all aspects of the ICT Programme, from agreeing the work programme, defining projects, developing business cases and managing the day to day delivery using internal and external resources ensuring that all projects and programmes are managed using a best practise approach and deliver to scope, time, budget and quality.
You will also lead a team of business relationship officers, project managers and project resources and will ensure that the team has sufficient technical, analytical, financial and project skills, experience and knowledge to manage project delivery and understand and communicate ICT requirements and issues.
- manage and develop ICT roadmaps and programmes in consultation with services and ICT always ensuring that each project has a strong business case, funding and is underpinned by a robust benefits realisation plan
- oversee the governance of projects (both technical and non-technical) and the resourcing, scheduling, co-ordinating and managing of current projects and the forward plan providing performance information on programmes, roadmaps, projects and requests for services from customers
- to work with all service areas across the organisation and the partners to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery and to identify new opportunities for business efficiencies
- to deliver corporate objectives through the work of ICT.
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing and leading a complex ICT focussed project management or business relationship service. Can motivate and lead teams, able to flex between a coaching and direct style depending on the situation.
- Ability to design, implement and review Project Management Office and Service Delivery processes in order to maintain an environment of continuous improvement
- Demonstrate tenacity and drive, with a proven ability to identify and document pragmatic and imaginative solutions to complex issues without compromising the requirement to maintain compliance with GDPR, PSN and other standards
- Able to maintain control of complex technical programmes whilst managing/facilitating stakeholders, suppliers and customers; Works positively with colleagues in the team and across the organisation to ensure consistent good practice.
Essential for The Role
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience, e.g. ICT, business management, or minimum 3 years’ working experience in a senior technical or project management role;
- PRINCE2 or equivalent experience or accreditation.
- Programme Management qualification, i.e., MSP or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Postgraduate qualification in ICT or management;
- Qualification in Agile project methodology.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Sukhdeep Dhillon via Email: email@example.com or Tel: 020 8583 3440
To view the Job Description and Employee Specification and Hounslow Employee Benefits please visit our website.
To apply, please click on the link below
Closing date: 30th January 2019 at 23:59
Interview dates: 13th and 14th February
It is our practice that any offer of employment will be made at the bottom of our pay scale.