DPP103 Principal Planning Officer – Forward Planning
Grade K (SCP 42 – 46) £38,052 - £41,846 per annum
Stafford Borough Council is an award winning council that puts our customers first in all we do. We have ambitious plans to grow prosperity across the borough while ensuring the area is an attractive place to live, work and visit and this role will be crucial to us achieving our goals.
We are ‘going for growth’ with work on a New Local Plan to deliver significant development taking shape, including proposals for a new settlement of around 10,000 new homes in the coming years. Stafford Borough is the largest district council in the county, both geographically and in population. We have over 130,000 residents, and the historic County Town of Stafford as its main centre. The Borough provides an interesting mix of urban and rural planning issues, and a variety of new challenges.
We now need an exceptional planning policy specialist to fill a crucial role at one of the most exciting authorities in the country. You will need to be ambitious, dynamic, a natural leader and inspiring to work with for our team, key stakeholders and local communities. The role will include leading on the key growth projects such as a new settlement in the north of the borough, the New Local Plan and managing a diverse team of specialists working on interesting and challenging projects as well as progressing the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitat Regulations Assessments. Recent experience of representing evidence at Planning Appeals and Local Plan Examinations is essential.
If you are looking for an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same and be a part of a friendly and professional team which helps to shape our borough, then this is the opportunity for you.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Significant professional experience of planning policy and production of Local Development Documents, including Examination In Public and Appeals
- Enthusiasm, commitment and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Educated to degree standard in planning with full RTPI membership
- Demonstrate high levels of complex negotiation, community engagement, presentation and advanced IT skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of statutory Regulations and the implications of national policy within a Local Plan context
- Enjoy both taking individual responsibility, leading a team and working as part of a busy Department with ambitious growth aspirations for the future
We offer attractive benefits and conditions including a salary based pension scheme, payment of professional fees, flexi-time, training and development opportunities.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. For an informal discussion please call Karen Tierney on (01785) 619583 or Alex Yendole on (01785) 619536.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 27th January 2019
Interviews will be held: Week commencing 11 February 2019