Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About Capital ProgrammeWorks Service
We currently have opportunities for the successful candidates to join the Capital Programme Works Service at the London Borough of Hillingdon.
As London's second largest borough and home to Heathrow, the world's busiest international airport we have a challenging, high profile and unique agenda; against which we are committed to improving the service we deliver to our local residents.
With around 1600 corporate buildings and Council managed housing stock of over 13,000 properties, the key objectives for the Capital Programme Works Service are to:
- Invest in schools to ensure that accommodation and facilities provide a good environment for learning for the increasing number of students
- Deliver a range of housing, community and other buildings for residents, working closely at times with partners across the Borough
- Maximise the commercial opportunities of the Council’s property and land assets
As an employee of the London Borough of Hillingdon you will play a key role in delivering our Capital Programme across corporate, educational, community and housing stock. The post available is summarised below:
About the job
The Data Management Officer will work closely with the Capital Programme Works Team, Housing Planned Works Team and Facilities Management to manage and co-ordinate the collation of property data for the Council’s corporate buildings and housing estates, managing the integrity of data held on the asset management systems and providing robust reports in support of decision making for works programmes and project progress. In addition Data Management Officer will co-ordinate site survey programmes including stock condition surveys and fire safety risk assessments
About the person
We are looking for individuals with experience of working in a data management or stock surveying function in the public or private sector, with significant experience of using asset management systems to store and retrieve data to develop work programmes.
You will be an excellent communicator with good organisational skills; you will work well with people, have the ability to take instructions and effectively follow them through to completion and with emphasis on the expect quality and standards. You will also work within the service and other service areas liaising with colleagues for a ‘one council approach’.
You will also be highly numerate and IT literate, able to work effectively with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and a range of property systems, be organised, solutions focused and comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and delivering results.
If you would liketo have a brief conversation with the recruiting manager prior toapplying, please email email@example.com.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 21 January 2019, however this may be subject to change depending on business need.We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy