Case Officer (Special Educational Needs)
Management Grouping: Education & Children’s Services
Team: Statutory Assessment
Salary: £33,075 - £38,916 (plus Essential Car User Allowance)
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 14th January 2019
Job reference: ECS0000374
Would you like to support the educational opportunities for children with Special Educational needs and disabilities in Bexley?
We need to appoint Case Officers who will be able to support families and schools in making the right decisions for the children in their care.
You will be required to administrate the statutory assessment process and to meet with schools and families to discuss the best way forward in meeting the needs of children. You will be integral to co-ordinating the production of Education, Health and Care plans.
You will need to be a qualified teacher or hold an equivalent qualification and have experience of working in/with schools.
If you would like an informal discussion then please contact Kayleigh-Ann Clerkin on 020 3045 3609.
Please note the assessment process will include an ICT and report analysis test as well as an interview.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service (If applicable).
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 14th January 2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Interview dates: 23rd and 24th January 2019
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers