MARYLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL AND CHILDREN’S CENTRE
Stratford, E15 1SL
Tel: 020 8534 8135
Fax: 020 8534 4426
VACANCY FOR SCHOOL
ASSISTANT SITE SUPERVISOR
Scale 4 Point 18 - £18,657.71 (Actual salary)
(from 25th February, 2019)
Maryland is a 2 form entry primary school located in Stratford. We are looking for an Assistant site supervisor to maintain our wonderful environment. You will play a pivotal role in our school community. Aspects of the role include:
To assist the Site Supervisor in the following:
- To be responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises the buildings, their non-curricular contents and grounds - including, determining in accordance with established guidelines whether repairs / maintenance should be undertaken directly or to request contract services; to liaise with appropriate staff in the Education Office and other departments of the Council on all aspects of maintenance.
- In the absence of the substantive Site Supervisor to be the client monitoring officer in relation to contracts, ensuring that contract specification is achieved and that any errors or omissions are remedied speedily and to undertake the direct repair of fabric, services and fittings within recognised competence levels.
- Using a wide range of excellent handyperson, carpentry & basic plumbing skills.
- Having a flexible and ‘can do’ approach to work including working unsociable hours to meet the needs of the school. This includes covering for the Site Supervisors’ Annual Leave and there maybe opportunities for overtime.
- Demonstrating good communication skills (be able to use ICT at a basic level).
- Promoting the school within the community.
- Applying a good knowledge of health and safety which will allow you to carry out dynamic risk assessments to ensure there is a safe, clean and orderly environment for our children to learn and play in.
- Having basic knowledge of statutory compliance and using this to manage premises effectively (training provided where necessary).
- To be responsible for grounds maintenance including: grass cutting, weeding, planting, pruning, small tree works and any other gardening tasks associated with grounds maintenance.
- To assist with the care and upkeep of the school’s pets when required.
- The schools in this authority have a commitment to Safeguarding Children and this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. If shortlisted, references will be sent for before interview. If called to interview, candidates will need to bring photo identification to the interview and proof of right to work.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th January 2019.
Application forms are available at the office or online from www.maryland.newham.sch.uk
\\Maryland-01sa\wp\Wp\RECRUITMENT\Advertisements\Support staff\Assistant Site Supervisor Jan 18docx