Temporary Full Time Administrative Assistant
36 hours per week over 5 days, term time only
Salary grade Scale 3 (£18,657.00) pro rata
Required as soon as possible
Oliver Thomas Nursery School is a popular, inclusive and successful school serving a vibrant and diverse community in the heart of East Ham.
We are seeking to appoint an administrative assistant to work in our busy, friendly school office.
The successful applicant will –
• Enjoy greeting parents and children
• Greet and signpost outside professionals visiting our site
• Respect and maintain confidentiality
• Have an eye for detail and be well organised
Must be able to –
• Prioritise a busy and varied workload.
• Use Microsoft Office suite to create Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and Publisher to create school newsletters. And have a working knowledge and use of SIMS.
What we can offer you –
• Friendly and supportive staff and governing body
• A school with high aspirations
• Opportunities to develop your skills and experience
We are looking to appoint a full time temporary administrative assistant, term time only. The position will be for 6 months in the first instance with the possibility to extend to a year. This post reports to the Finance and Administration Controller.
Duties will include
• welcoming visitors
• dealing with enquiries
• answering and transferring calls
• using Microsoft Office Suite to create various documents and files
• accepting payments in line with the schools cash handling procedures
• operating aspects of the schools administration using SIMS, Insight and InVentry systems
• Ensuring new admissions are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner
• providing support for processing and maintaining all children’s records
• dealing with routine tasks such as uploading registers, printing staff lists, checking the answering machine.
• filing and maintaining records
• participating in appropriate training
• undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time.
If you are friendly, committed, highly organised with attention to detail and have the ability to prioritise your work then please complete the application form.
You will need to have good knowledge and use of MS office and excel and experience of using SIMS.
An excellent standard of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills is essential and you will be required to undertake a written and an ICT test as part of interview.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 20th January 2019
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 21st January 2019
Interviews will be held on Monday 28th January 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to provide an enhance DBS disclosure.
Oliver Thomas Nursery School and Children’s Centre
London E6 6BU
Tel: 020 8552 1177
Fax: 020 8552 1832