Keir Hardie Primary School
Address: 13 Robertson Road, Canning town London E16 1FZ
Telephone: 0207 476 1284
Assistant Head Teacher - Special Educational Needs Lead (SENCo)
Leadership Pay Scale L6 - L10
Required for April 2024 or as soon as possible.
Keir Hardie Primary school are looking to appoint an excellent leader to join our team as SENDCo and Assistant Head Teacher. We are looking for an ambitious leader, who can drive strategic focus areas as well as contribute to the day to day running of the school through building strong relationships with students, parents and staff. The successful candidate will lead our successful and dedicated team and contribute to the senior leadership of our school.
We are looking for someone with the passion, drive and expertise to ensure that our pupils are given the best opportunities to maximise their development and to reach their full potential. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional with an interest in inclusion combined with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, to join a thriving school and share in our mission to prepare children for the best possible life.
You would be responsible for our SEND model and the quality of provision for all students on the SEND register, ensuring that all students are able to engage effectively in school life and learning, whatever their needs, and, where appropriate, make rapid progress in line with our expectations.
As an excellent classroom practitioner, you will support quality first, inclusive teaching. You will have the skills and knowledge to implement an effective graduated response and ensure that high quality target setting is implemented within planning and teaching. You will have a good understanding of assessment and how to manage funding. You will ensure our school continues to benefit from, and contributes to, local and regional networks, disseminating guidance and training. You should be organised, IT efficient and passionate about improving outcomes for our vulnerable children, previous experience of the role within a primary setting. We would expect the successful candidate to have completed the National award for SENCO accreditation.
We are looking for an Assistant Head Teacher who will:
● Be committed to raising standards for all pupils.
● Have an excellent record of classroom practice and high expectations of all pupils in our inclusive school
● Have excellent leadership qualities and vision to build on our successes to date that include the Inclusion Flagship Accreditation
● Lead by example and inspire, motivate, challenge and support an enthusiastic team of support staff
● Have experience of strategic planning and of school self-review.
● Be committed to and champion inclusion for all children.
● Have a commitment to delivering and receiving professional development
● Be reflective on their practice and lead by example.
● Have proven experience of analysis and the use of data to monitor the impact of interventions
● Have a commitment to and successful experience of developing the achievement and progress of children with Special Educational Needs
● Have a good knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice, its application within schools and interventions for a range of SEN
● Have experience of working with external partners, relevant agencies and parents to effectively support and improve outcomes for vulnerable pupils and families
● Have experience of leading Safeguarding including liaison with outside agencies
We would welcome applications from experienced and ambitious teachers and leaders who want to make a significant contribution to the provision and outcomes for our vulnerable pupils and who would be willing to develop their leadership skills in monitoring, tracking and reporting on progress and attainment in this area of school performance.
An informal visit to the school is strongly encouraged. Please contact the school on: 020 7476 1284 to arrange an appointment with the Head Teacher.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st February 2024
Interviews: Week commencing 4th March 2024
Interviews will be on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive
sufficient applications for the role.
Keir Hardie Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks. Following safer recruitment procedures, the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS checks.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community