Quality Assurance Manager
The purpose of this role is to lead the development of a quality assurance programme in housing solutions, ensuring that procedures are in place to deliver the customer centric services. To lead the development of a learning culture, effective systems to deliver continuous service improvement to customers, implement and review the quality of the service and test customer satisfaction.
To interface with corporate complaints and customer services to ensure and take responsibility for the effective management of complaints / enquiries and procedures development for the Housing Solutions Service, ensuring that customer care is at the heart of service delivery.
To act as the subject matter expert across all services in housing solutions ensuring that operational procedures and systems support the delivery of effective and high-quality services compliant with all statutory requirements.
They will need to monitor that the service actions align with targets and advice on improvement actions. They will deal with specialist support/advice for a defined service area, supporting the statutory reviews function, to ensure that relevant legislation, regulations and policies are complied with.
They will need to be IT literate and able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills when working with colleagues, stakeholders and service users.
The successful candidate must have the following skills/attributes:
- Significant experience of managing a complaints service and service improvement functions.
- Excellent investigatory skills / Ability to spot the flaws in an argument.
- An impartial approach and the ability to champion customer service.
- Significant experience of commissioning research and analysing findings.
- High level of corporate awareness
- Detailed understanding of the FOI legislation and Data protection/ Subject Access Request
- Detailed understanding of the role of the complaints process and the Local Government Ombudsman function.
- High level of inter-personal skills and the ability to maintain a good relationship with teams / services across the Council.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of carrying out service reviews and developing improvement plans.
- Understanding of housing policies and procedures.
- Experience of using housing management systems (Northgate) to extract and verify information.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to investigate complex complaints and prepare good quality reports.