x1 Fixed Term / Secondment Post until the 1st March 2025
We have an exciting opportunity within the Welfare Advice and Debt Support team for an income maximisation officer.
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and motivated person with strong interpersonal skills and a good knowledge of welfare benefits. You will be required to have good written skills and are eager to learn while working in collaboration with others to get the best outcome for Enfield residents.
The post is a full-time position, and the successful candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the role.
Duties will include:
- Identify and assist vulnerable clients to claim welfare benefits, this will include visiting clients in their own homes to complete forms.
- Assisting with benefit reconsiderations and appeals.
- Running campaigns to increase benefit take up.
- Keeping abreast of benefit legislation and changes
- Attending Meetings and Events
- Maintain Good Communication with Team Co Ordinator
- Any other duties as decided by the Team Manager.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Josephine Mytil on 020 8132 2297 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity - Until the 1st March 2025
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 32 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.