Contract: Fixed Term (initially 12 months)
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for an experienced, skilled and dynamic Property Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service on a permanent basis.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Property and Planning within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of all property related development work .
- Provide expertise and knowledge of, and provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on, local government law in the areas of property development work.
- Conduct a full range of cases residential and commercial property cases to include undertaking advocacy in the Courts or Tribunals if required.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Property & Planning) and will have your own complex and varied caseload on matters including residential and commercial property, regeneration, homeownership and land transactions.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of property development work, preferably in a local government context
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of property law
- Conduct a case load within your area of expertise without supervision
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
To apply for this role, please visit https://ce0320li.webitrent.com/ce0320li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=527275aJEy&WVID=958433OaLq or click on the 'apply online' button.
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, o