Origin – Great homes, positive people and strong communities
An inspiring past and a bright future
A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Group Reporting Manager
As Group Reporting Manager you will lead the financial reporting function which will
provide an effective and high-quality financial reporting service to the strategic and operational leadership groups e.g., Boards and Committees, Executives, SMT and budget holders, to enable effective decision making and financial control.
You will be responsible for delivering accurate management information reports, budgets, forecasts, and tax returns (VAT & Corporation Tax) to strict deadlines and in the prescribed formats. You will be responsible for the performance of the Business Partners team and the provision of high-quality decision support and advice to the business, working in partnership with senior management and staff across the organisation
What you’ll do
- be responsible for the delivery of financial and management accounting for the group and ensure an effective reporting service including budgets, forecasts, intergroup accounting.
- plan and deliver year end audit process, be the key contact person with auditors during the audit process, working closely with Head of Finance to provide a response to management letter.
- lead on reporting strategic projects to ensure that the Group complies with its accounting and reporting obligation.
- provide or oversee the provision of financial training to operational managers including transaction coding, budget monitoring and performance reporting.
- be responsible for completing statutory and regulatory returns for social housing – necessary (FVA, FFR, Quarterly Returns, SDR)
Skills and experience we'd like you to have
We’re looking for someone who:
- has relevant professional qualification - (e.g., ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA or ACA)
- is able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of accounting practices and regulations applicable to a registered provider (IFRS, SORP, GAAP etc.)
- has managed and led successful finance teams
- understands charitable and non-charitable implications for group with experience of calculation and delivery of VAT and Corporation Tax returns.
- can demonstrate leading annual statutory accounts process, and lead on Internal and external audit requirements.
- has previously delivered a financial business partnering service for a devolved
organisation including budgets, forecasts, and Executive level report preparation.
- is passionate about developing a performance culture, including setting, and monitoring clear and measurable delivery targets.
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
- Take the lead
- Create energy
- Build trust
- Be generous
- Stay grounded
- Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% - 8% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the role of Group Reporting Manager.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 December 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.