To start in January 2024
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2023
Gallions Primary is looking for an additional teacher for one of our Resource Provision classes. This is a specialist role working with our delightful children and team of exceptional Teaching Assistants. We are a mainstream, two form primary school with a funded Resource Provision for 21 Reception to Y6 children with Autism. Lots of additional information about our Resource Provision can be found on the SEND section of our website.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in SEND and inclusion and is looking to develop. The successful candidate will be instrumental in developing the newly extended provision, working alongside the SENDCo and Senior Leadership Team to develop a bespoke provision for our children. We would welcome applications from both well-qualified and experienced professionals and ECTs who have a passion for making a difference to children with special educational needs. Experience of working across the key stages would be useful to this role as the academic ability of the children ranges significantly. This is a challenging post, and the successful candidate must firstly have a strong desire to work with Autistic pupils, so must have confidence, resilience, and excellent classroom management skills.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Be inspirational and able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice with an assured and confident classroom manner in one of our resource provision classes;
- Have experience of working with children with ASD and Social Communication needs;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and passionate about children and their learning;
- Be committed to maintaining high standards and expectations;
- Be able to work as part of a team.
Our school offers:
- Enthusiastic children and a friendly working environment
- A creative curriculum
- A well-resourced environment and a strong commitment to School Improvement
- Regular support from Local Authority Professionals (e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, Advisory Teaching Team, Educational Psychologists)
- Tailored programmes of CPD with cross Trust development opportunities,
- A free car parking space in our school car park
Visits to the school are warmly invited, and actively encouraged. Please make an appointment to meet with the Headteacher, Claire Ormerod through the school office.
The schools in the New Vision Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the JGP Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.