This is an exciting time to join our small, dedicated Museum Team as part of our Dynamics Collections Project. The project focuses on engagement, re-interpretation and collections management. The role will help the Museum of Enfield transition from card indexes to an online catalogue, working with volunteers, community partners and general audiences.
The role will coordinate and deliver a broad-ranging programme of community engagement including, the recruitment and day to day support of three groups of volunteers, partnership working, small-scale event delivery, organising speakers and advertising.
Enfield Council has been awarded £125k from the Heritage Fund to deliver a Dynamic Collections Project which will make our museum collection accessible online to the public for the first time. The project will also explore and enrich our museum collection so that we can preserve and share more stories and objects from diverse communities across the Enfield.
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual with experience of delivering cultural projects with community engagement in a museum and heritage context.
- Experience of delivering cultural projects with community engagement in a museum and heritage context.
- Experience of delivering small-scale events, in the museum and heritage sector, aware of principles of good marketing and event planning.
- You will need good organisational skills and experience of building professional relationships with community groups and project partners.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Hatice Abdullah on 020 8363 8196 for an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents.
Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 32 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.