Family Group Conferencing service
Waltham Forest is developing their existing Family Group Conferencing service within the Children and Family Service Safeguarding Service. The service will consist of in-house FGC Conveners who will be responsible for facilitating Family Group Conferences from a variety of referral points across Children and Family Services, including Early Help or where children are at risk of becoming looked after or who may already be looked after and planning for a return home is required. In time we hope to expand the service further to include Life Long Links work.
We are looking to recruit new Family Group Conference Convenors. Successful candidates will display a high level of determination to ensure young people are able to remain living within their family networks in order to achieve positive outcomes. You will prepare families, children and young people for their Family Group Conference, facilitate individual Family Group Conferences and contribute to the promotion and development of the Family Group Conference service ensuring that the child’s voice is heard throughout the child’s journey. If you are committed to working with and supporting children and their families, this is your chance to join us.
Applicants would need to have:
- Successfully completed recognised FGC Convener training or a willingness to undertake this
- Commitment to user involvement and the participation of children and young people
- Experience of working with Children and their Families
- Experience of partnership working in a multi-agency context
- Computer skills and access to the internet
- Ability to work flexibly and independently including out of office hours as required