Leading Teaching Assistant - Initially focusing on dyslexia provision
Salary Scale: 5
36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, 8.20am-4pm
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and motivated qualified teaching assistant (or similar experience and qualifications) as Leading Teaching Assistants at Scale 5.
Initially the role will be based within the SEND team supporting individual children with varying special needs.
The role will also include focusing on supporting the identification of, interventions for and support of our dyslexic children across school. The successful candidate will also be on the cover rota and will provide short term cover for teachers as directed by the School Leadership, taking responsibility for the supervision of the class, making sure pre-set work is completed. When not supervising pupils and members of staff, the successful candidates will carry out their TA duties.
To undertake Performance Management and appraisal of staff supervised. In addition, they will be appraisers in the Performance Management process of the TAs they manage. Training will be provided to support this.
Evidence of a good standard of literacy, numeracy and IT skills is required.
The successful candidate’s will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
- Have the ability to work outside the classroom, to work with groups of pupils.
- Have the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- The ability to be professional at all times
- The ability to be efficient and accurate in the work they undertake
- Have a good knowledge of dyslexia and specific learning difficulties
In return we offer you:
- A welcoming school
- Excellent and committed staff and governing body who have a great team ethos
- A school that has a commitment to improve its provision even further to ensure that all children achieve the best possible education.
- Training and develop opportunities
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We follow the safer recruitment processes and the most up to date Keeping Children Safe in Education DFE guidance which involves us carrying online candidate searches, requesting references, DBS and barring checks.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 29 September 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 4th October
Starting date: November 5th or as soon as possible.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to tour the school in advance of the application deadline/ have a conversation with school leaders about the role. Please contact the Head Teachers PA to arrange this: email@example.com
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the JGP Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.