FOREST HILL SCHOOL
Dacres Road, London SE23 2XN
Boys 11-16, Mixed 16-18
Tel. 020 8699 9343
TEACHER OF BUSINESS
Start Date: September 2023
Salary Range: MPS-UPS £34,502 to £53,482 p.a. (6.5% pay award pending)
Forest Hill School is a thriving and aspirational comprehensive school in south-east London providing high-quality education to boys aged 11-18. We are a community which is wholly reflective of this district of London, teaching pupils from all backgrounds and of all abilities. We also have a highly successful joint Sixth Form provision with Sydenham School for male and female students.
A broad and comprehensive curriculum is taught in modern facilities by dedicated teaching staff who are passionate about their subjects and are experts in educating and inspiring pupils to achieve excellence.
Business is a popular subject both for GCSE along with the KS5 options delivered. We offer a range of subjects including BTEC Business Level 2, GSCE Business Studies, CTEC Business Level 3, A Level Economics and IFS Financial Studies Level 2/3. The business team is committed to continuing making significant contributions to the schools’ overall results at KS4 and KS5. Substantial number of students go on to complete Business, Finance and Economics related higher education studies and apprenticeship programmes with well recognised institutions. We are looking for a team member who can inject their passion and vibrancy into lessons and look for opportunities to develop enrichment activities coupled with a keen interest in building positive rapport with staff and students.
Our ideal candidate is
- A Business specialist, though ability to teach other subjects, particularly Economics is desirable
- An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies with excellent relationships with young people
- A team player who works well with others and is dedicated to the success of their students
- Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their classroom
We will offer
- The opportunity to work in an established and experienced school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys in inner city London
- A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
- Modern, state of the art facilities, including staff laptops and the use of excellent ICT facilities with the students
Please visit our website at https://foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk/ to make direct online applications, which must be returned to email@example.com
Note: we do not accept CVs and all applications must be submitted on the Lewisham Teachers Application Form which is available on the School Website.
Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with Mr German, Deputy Headteacher.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 25^th September 2023 with interviews scheduled for the following week. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observation.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.