F O R E S T H I L L S C H O O L
A SPECIALIST SCHOOL IN PERFORMING ARTS
Dacres Road Forest Hill London SE23 2XN
Roll 1194: Boys 11-16, Mixed 16-19
Tel: 020 8699 9343
Inclusion Support Assistant – Behaviour/Guidance/Support
Salary range: Scale 4 (points 8 to 10) £27,507 to £28,419 pro rata (actual salary approx. £23,656 to £24,440)
Term Time (39 weeks per year) 35 hours per week.
Hours: 8am to 4pm (one-hour unpaid lunch break)
At Forest Hill School, we challenge stereotypes about under-achieving boys. Are you up for the challenge?
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Inclusion Support Assistant, to promote the school’s behaviour and relationship policy, through the school’s core values. The post holder will work under the direction of the Behaviour Manager to support the SLT, Faculty Leaders and the Heads of Years with ensuring high standards of behaviour around the school at all times, so that the best possible standards of teaching and learning are achieved.
We are an extremely inclusive and popular 11-19 boys’ school, with a mixed sixth form run in partnership with Sydenham Girls school. We believe that every student should be given the support to aspire to, and achieve excellence.
We would like to hear from you if you:
• Have experience in working in a school and have knowledge of Bromcom and data management
• Have experience of making referrals to outside agencies and implementing pastoral support plans
• Are a natural when it comes to customer care, articulate, good with people and always happy to help
• Can work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
• Are able to work flexibly, solve problems and be proactive
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Are able to promote positive attitudes towards education to students and families
You will be required to:
• To take a leading role in the use of and recording of behaviour data using school systems (Bromcom) to ensure that incidents and behaviour are logged in a timely and effective manner
• Using data implement school behaviour management plans/ Pastoral Support Plans for students with challenging behaviour or other barriers to learning
• To be one of team who manage the day to day operation of the reflection room, referral, school detention and on call facilities within the school
• To organise the way in which the school draws on behaviour support from a range of appropriate outside agencies, seeking advice and assistance to support our most vulnerable pupils
What we can offer you:
• A highly supportive Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
• Opportunities to make a significant contribution to our ongoing improvements
• Opportunities to further your professional development
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Note - we do not accept CVs. Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with the school via email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 25^th September 2023 with interviews scheduled the same week. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.