Harrow Lodge Primary School
SEND Learning Assistant
Hours: 8:30am – 3:30 Term Time
Grade: Grade 1/2, Point 3
Actual Salary: £17,192
Contract: Fixed Term - starting immediately to 19th July 2024
We wish to appoint an excellent and enthusiastic SEND Learning Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. We are looking for an LA who is flexible, enthusiastic, shows initiative and is passionate about children’s learning; one who will join our established team and contribute to our school’s community and vision.
We require the successful applicant to:
- Be experienced or interested in working with pupils with complex needs
- Have experience in working with Work Stations and PECS and supporting pre-verbal children
- Be experienced in working in EYFS and lower KS1
- Be comfortable with intimate personal care, i.e. nappy changing
- Knowledge of using hoists and manual handling training would be beneficial
In addition to the above, we would like the applicant to be sensitive to children’s varying needs but be able to work under the guidance of the teaching team, Inclusion Manager and Leadership Team.
The post is on a fixed term starting immediately to 19th July 2024.
Please see attached Job Description & Application Form
Only applications with a completed application form will be considered.
Please email completed application form to Maria Haynes, Business Manager at email@example.com
Closing Date: 29th September 2023
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is also committed to ensuring that all staff employed at the school have obtained satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service clearance.