Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 2nd January 2024
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 396 pupils on roll. In April 2023 we grew roots, with the welcome addition of Little Oaks Nursery. We have been on a rapidly improving school journey over the last four years and are now at the stage of refining our development work across the school.
We believe that relationships are the key to children experiencing success and this is underpinned by the highest expectations of learning and behaviour. All staff share the collective responsibility of ensuring that every child thrives, succeeds and has their needs met.
You will need to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of ambition, courage, pride and respect. The successful candidate will be fully involved in the life of the whole school community.
We are looking for a motivated, forward thinking School Business Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operational aspects of the school including finance, sourcing revenue streams/sponsorship, administration, procurement, human resources, premises and health and safety. They will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team & Governors to help realise the school’s vision and objectives.
About the role
Have you got?
- Drive and ambition to make a difference to the lives of children?
- Good communication skills to engage with all stakeholders?
- Ability to think strategically and support the school in long term planning?
- The capability to deal with a fast paced environment where adaptability is key?
- The ability to line manage your own team?
- The skills to set, manage and stretch our budgets to meet the needs of the school
- Relatable business acumen
In turn we offer you:
- The opportunity to continue with your own professional development
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team
- Incredible children with a real desire to learn and be inspired
- A positive, exciting and motivated school culture
We welcome and encourage visits to the school. If you wish to arrange this, please contact Lynne Szkolar via email email@example.com.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 29th September
Interview date: Week commencing 2nd October
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Graham Avenue, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 2WN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 077114
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.