Tel: 01708 225186
Head Teacher: Mrs N Sansom
SEN Teaching Assistant (Year 6)
Hours : 25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year 5 days per week Monday - Friday 8.45am - 3.00pm including 15 minute unpaid break and 1 hour unpaid lunch.
Grade: 1/2 Point 2-5 plus TA2 Allowance of £408 pro rata
Salary : £23,628 - £24,804 per annum (£14,096 - £14,798 pro rata p.a.)
Contract : Temp - linked to child
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be prepared to work in a challenging but enjoyable work environment and will be joining a supportive team committed to inclusion.
You will work closely with a named child. You will support this child with accessing their learning within the Year 5/6 classroom as well as carrying out specific intervention 1:1 or in small groups.
Experience of working with children with SEND and delivering intervention is desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- be a proactive, positive role model for pupils
- ideally have some experience of working one to one with children
- be committed, flexible and reliable
- work well in a team with a consistent positive attitude
- work under the direction of the class teacher, whilst also showing initiative to tailor learning experiences to the needs of the child
- be passionate about working with children with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- show empathy and communicate effectively with pupil, parents and staff.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th September 2023 - 12pm
Interview Date: Week commencing 25th September 2023
Branfil is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff are required to undergo Enhanced DBS checks. We will also undertake references and online checks for shortlisted candidates.